- COVID-19 Information
- My account
Library COVID-19 Information
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Please read below for an overview of library service changes in response to COVID-19.
General campus information regarding COVID-19 can be found at https://nsc.edu/coronavirus/#resources.
The Library building is open, with some changes
The Marydean Martin Library and computer lab located on the 2nd floor of the Rogers Student Center are currently open. Safety protocols and changes due to COVID-19 include:
- In accordance with Nevada's Three-Week Statewide Pause, the Library space is limited to 25% of visitor capacity.
- All library patrons and staff are required to wear a face covering.
- Signage has been installed to facilitate physical distancing in the space, including floor markers for assistance at the service desk.
- Study rooms are closed until further notice.
- Some computer stations have been removed to facilitate physical distancing.
- The Library and computer lab spaces will be cleaned daily by the Office of Facilities in accordance with NV-OSHA guidelines.
- Eating food in the library is no longer permitted.
- Digital Library. Access to the Library’s extensive digital collections remains available 24/7 at https://library.nsc.edu. Remember to sign in with your NSHE ID to access resources remotely.
- Study Spaces. Open study areas including the library’s desktop computers have been modified to allow for social distancing.
- Check Outs. Check out of the print reserves collection, print books, and laptops has resumed.
- ILL. We will continue to fulfill requests for electronic items available from other libraries through interlibrary loan. We are trying our best to resume interlibrary loan services of lending and borrowing physical materials to and from other libraries. We appreciate your patience with possible delays in handling and shipping, as most libraries still have their physical item lending on pause.
- Research Help. As always, we’re here to help you with your research every step of the way. Ask us your questions via convenient online chat, email, or virtual appointment.
- Library Instruction Sessions. Instructors can request library instruction support.
- Acquiring Course Content. Instructors can submit purchase requests for course materials.